Beautiful lovely Biewer Terrier purebred puppies born on 3/16/23 in NYC parents are in the pics healthy ready in a month if interested and want more details located in New York City if local you can stop by a see the puppies Please no scams serious only
Getting to Know the Biewer Terrier: Traits, Temperament, and Care
The Biewer Terrier is a small breed of dog that originated in Germany in the 1980s. Here are some traits, temperament, and care tips to help you get to know this adorable breed better.
- Size: Biewer Terriers typically weigh between 4 to 8 pounds and stand 7 to 11 inches tall.
- Coat: Their coat is silky and long, with a variety of colors including white, black, and tan. Their coat requires regular grooming to prevent matting and tangling.
- Build: Biewer Terriers have a compact and sturdy build, with a broad head and a short muzzle.
- Lifespan: They have a relatively long lifespan of 12 to 16 years.
- Affectionate: Biewer Terriers are known for their loving and affectionate nature. They are loyal to their owners and enjoy being near them.
- Playful: These dogs have a lot of energy and love to play. They are good with children and enjoy playing with other dogs.
- Alert: Biewer Terriers are highly alert and will bark to alert their owners of any potential danger.
- Stubborn: Like many terrier breeds, Biewer Terriers can be stubborn and independent. Consistent training is necessary to ensure they understand the rules of the house.
- Exercise: These dogs have a lot of energy and need regular exercise. A daily walk and playtime in a fenced yard will help keep them happy and healthy.
- Grooming: Their long, silky coat requires regular grooming to prevent matting and tangling. Weekly brushing and monthly grooming by a professional are recommended.
- Training: Biewer Terriers can be stubborn and independent, so consistent training is necessary to ensure they understand the rules of the house. Positive reinforcement methods work best with this breed.
- Health: Biewer Terriers are generally healthy but can be prone to certain health issues such as dental problems, luxating patellas, and liver shunts. Regular veterinary check-ups and proper dental care are important to maintain their overall health.
In summary, Biewer Terriers are affectionate, playful, and alert dogs that require regular exercise and grooming. Consistent training is necessary to ensure they understand the rules of the house, and regular veterinary check-ups are important to maintain their overall health.